Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas is considering his future in the wake of two bids from Barclay’s Premier League champions Manchester United, according to Team Talk.
The Catalans have spoken publicly about their reluctance to sell Fabregas while former United defender Gerard Pique has told his old club they are “wasting their time”.
However, the final decision on the former Arsenal captain’s future could be accelerated by the appointment of Gerardo Martino as the successor to illness-stricken Tito Vilanova, who has stepped down.
United’s initial offer for Fabregas, which came last week, was knocked back by the Spanish champions though the Red Devils made a second offer of 30 million plus add-ons earlier this week.
Reports in Spain on Monday however claimed that offer was also rejected by Barca, while Pique, who spent four years at Old Trafford between 2004 and 2008, has told his former employers to abandon their pursuit.
The centre back told The Sun:
“United are wasting their time. It took a long time for Cesc to get his dream move back home and he won’t give it up.
“This is home. It is where his family is, and he is playing with his closest friends. He has told us he is happy and that he intends to stay with Barcelona.”
Fabregas left Barcelona’s famed youth academy La Maisa in 2003 and joined United’s domestic rivals Arsenal as a 16-year-old. He later developed into one of the club’s key players and became captain in November 2008.
He spent eight seasons in North London, making over 300 appearances and providing 100 assists, and won the FA Cup with the Gunners in 2005 following their victory over United on penalties – the last time Arsenal won a trophy.
The post Man Utd Transfer News: Cesc Fabregas’s Barca Future Uncertain? appeared first on WhatCulture!.