Hi, we’re a couple of dedicated fans talking about about MMA, “Lucky” Robert Curtis and Derek Langhorn with an irreverent and honest take on the octagon. This is our debut for WhatCulture.com. We’ll release a new podcast each week and more during show weeks (a preview and a review show).
In this episode, we’ll review all of the action on the UFC on Fuel TV: Franklin vs. Le card as well as the news and notes in the MMA world, including the end date of Strikeforce, the UFC entering into women’s mixed martial arts, and more.
Here is a brief summary of the episode (SPOILERS):
- 00:45 – Strikeforce Finished
- 06:45 – Women’s MMA in the UFC
- 11:45 – Riki Fukuda def. Tom DeBlass (UD)
- 13:30 – John Lineker def. Yasuhiro Urushitani (UD)
- 15:40 – Alex Caceres def. Motonobu Tezuka (SD)
- 18:45 – Takeya Mizugaki def. Jeff Hougland (UD)
- 22:55 – Jon Tuck def. Tiequan Zhang (UD)
- 25:05 – Takanori Gomi def. Mac Danzig (SD)
- 28:25 – Dong Hyun Kim def. Paulo Thiago (UD)
- 31:40 – Thiago Silva def. Stanislav Nedkov (sub 3)
- 34:05 – Cung Le def. Rich Franklin (KO 1)
- 38:00 – UFC in China & Final Thoughts
Or download the mp3 here.
We’re always looking for questions or comments from our listeners to include in future episodes. We’ll return towards the end of the week to preview UFC 154: GSP vs. Condit to unify the welterweight title and all of the action on the card starting with the Facebook prelims.
Thanks to our friends over at MMAShare.com, as well.