Media Image Ltd
I was 3/4 last weekend with only Chelsea letting me down. Manchester United and Arsenal were comfortable winners as predicted whilst Sunday’s tip of under 2.5 goals between Southampton and West Ham was more than safe at 0-0.
Premier League sides performed well in Europe midweek with 5 of the 6 teams winning. Manchester United (4-2), Manchester City (3-0), Swansea City (3-0) and Tottenham Hotspur (3-0) all won by at least 2 goals too. Chelsea were shocked at home, losing 2-1 to Swiss Super League side FC Basel.
Returning to domestic action, Chelsea host Fulham in Saturday evening’s televised game with Jos Mourinho looking to break this two-game losing streak.
To start the weekend, Norwich City host Aston Villa kickoff the action with both sides recording only 1 win in their opening four games.
Returning from Marseille midweek, Arsenal host Stoke City looking to extend their 6-game winning streak in all competitions. North London rivals Tottenham Hotspur had a home game against weak opposition Thursday and return to domestic action at Cardiff on Sunday.
The most-anticipated game of the weekend sees Manuel Pellegrini and David Moyes participate in their first Manchester derby as the blue half of Manchester hosts the defending Premier League champions.
If you’re looking to have a punt on the Premier League this weekend, here are a few tips:
Newcastle vs Hull City Saturday 21 September 15:00
* Newcastle have won their last two Premier League games
* Hatem Ben Arfa has scored in each of Newcastle’s last two games and put in a good performance in both
* Tim Krul has conceded just 1 goal in his last 3 Premier League games combined
* Hull City have lost both away game and not scored in either of these to start their season
* Striker Danny Graham has gone 20 Premier League games since he last scored
* Maynor Figueroa is absent and Paul McShane is injured in defence
Recommended bet: Newcastle to win 5/6 Paddy Power ( 50 Free Bet)
West Ham vs Everton Saturday 21 September 15:00
* West Ham failed to score in any of their last 3 Premier League games
* Jussi J skel inen has kept 3 clean sheets in his first 4 games to start the season
* West Ham have had just 6 shots on target in their opening 4 games combined – the lowest in the Premier League
* Everton have kept 3 consecutive clean sheets
* Steven Naismith’s goal against Chelsea was the only goal for or against Everton in their last 3 Premier League games
* Romelu Lukaku available to make his Everton debut
Recommended bet: Under 2.5 goals 4/5 Skybet
Cardiff City vs Tottenham Hotspur Sunday 22 September 16:00
* First choice Cardiff goalkeeper David Marshall a doubt having missed last weekend’s game
* Cardiff’s defending of Tom Huddlestone’s right wing cross for Hull City’s goal was poor last weekend
* Fraizer Campbell has looked like their only real goalscoring threat in first few games
* Tottenham boast a wealth of attacking talent – Roberto Soldado, Christian Eriksen, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Erik Lamela, Andros Townsend, Nacer Chadli and Paulinho all good in attack
* Tottenham have conceded just 1 goal in their 7 games in all competitions this season, winning 6 of 7
* Tottenham’s Europa League game on Thursday night was at home and against an opponent that barely caused Andr Villas-Boas’ side to break sweat
Recommended bet: Tottenham to win 10/11 Skybet
The post Premier League Betting Tips 21/22 September appeared first on WhatCulture!.